1) What kind of message do you try to send out threw graffiti? js:a message that is reality a message thats real and sooo hard 2 believe according 2 life and science a message thats changing peoples lives from being a thief a crook and even a murderous 2 a preacher and a envangelist and even a missionary and pastor..a true message of a jesus who saves...salvation is a free gift and i want the whole ny state 2 know that wich is y i write it everywhere.2 let the whole ny state know the free gift jesus offers called salvation
2) Why do you use graffiti to try an send out that message? js:cause i feel like graffiti is the best way 2 catch alots of peoples attention..i used 2 preach in the corners of the block in bushwick brooklyn on knickerbocker and myrtle ave but i would have 2 leave and go home..but by writting jesussaves it automaticly preach,s it 4 me 24/7....this is the best way i can reach young kats 2 jesus
3) Do you support writers who try to send out there message the same way you do? js:yes because graffiti is self expresion..u can actualy write ur freedom of speech and mind...we all have something 2 share with the world and 2 offer the world..theres some writting on the walls i have seen that disapointed me like a pentegram and demonic drawings namean?
4) how long hav u bin trying to spread this message? js:i been writting jesussaves since 1995..wich is the year i gave my life 2 the lord..i been saved through jesuschrist and so i had 2 rep it in the streets 2 the fullest
5) do you think the way u spread the message made a impace on anyones life? js:i hope it did and im pretty sure it has..my message is anointed by god and it,s a powerfull message 2 actually have people thinking about christ and maybe repenting from thier sins..i mean we,re all sinners nobodys perfect but once they recognize that they,re saved through christ..there will be a big change..is hard 4 me 2 tell how they take the mesage when they c it...1 thing i know 4 sure i have influenced soo many young kats and writters but is not just influence people 2 do graffiti if not 2 influence them 2 be saved through jesuschrist
6) why is the message you send out important to you? js:cause is reality cause is a must 2 recieve christ in life in order 2 resurect 2 eternal life after we die cause is real and through jesuschrist is the only way the world can b saved..2 me this is the most important message any human eyes can c and is not because i write it but because this has alot 2 do with life or death and heaven or hell..no disrespect 4 comming like this but i gotta say it like it is
7) How much longer do you want to spread this message? do you want to keep doing it yourself or do you want people to continue your legacy. js:i would like 2 spread the message as long as possible but i cant afford 2 do a year or more 4 graffiti...i would,nt mind if theres more that writes jesussaves..amen 2 that if there would b more than just me who writes it...is not about me shining and getting the fame and the glory but is about the message being seen believed and recieved..in order 4 anybody 2 write jesussaves they must b commited 2 the gospel of christ :)
8)What's your favorite NYC neighborhood and why? js:Downtown Manhattan 'cause its very cultural and its also where the other boroughs meet at.
9)So obviously you're very religious, where's your favorite church at? js:Well I attend a church in the East Village but my favorite church is called Times Square Church, which is located in Times Square and the pastor is David Wilkerson. Pat Boom plays him in a famous movie called the cross and the switch blade which dropped in 1973 also, featuring Erick Estrada as Nicky Cruz.
10)How'd you get into graffiti? Who inspired you, some war stories? js:I got into graffiti in 1987 when i was 13...I noticed a 'ja one' tag everywhere so i was like 'wow thats cool' and then I also started seeing other names up, like 'smith', 'pink', 'sane', 'joz', 'easy', 'astro', 'chino', so at the time i just started writing Spain which I didn't really dig as much as Jesus Saves.
11)Now explain to me how you "discovered" God. What caused this revelation, how has it changed you as a person? js:I've been prayed for, and one day I felt the power of God fall over me. I felt this powerful anointing upon my body, spirit, and soul...I was crying cause I felt the guilt of all the wrong and bad things I done in the streets...I changed completely from who I was and every bad thing I ever did...I took the gospel seriously ever since, and I attended a Spanish pentecostal church where I became a preacher and a very good bible student. I started praying as much and as long as I could to get closer to God and it was this hunger I felt inside for the gospel and at the same time for graffiti, so much so that I decided to write Jesus Saves in every neighborhood in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx and Long Island hoping that through this message the whole city would be saved and to let the whole NY state know the free gift Jesus Christ offers called salvation.
12)How do you incorporate God in your art? Isn't graffiti a sin? js:No, I go by what the bible says and I live by the word...I'm guided by the holy bible and it doesn't say that graffiti is a sin, but it could be a crime depending where I write at and what I write on. For example, if I write on a clean building or on a clean truck or van then yeah, it's a crime and yeah, it could be a sin since I'm dirtying clean property with God's name on it. But a wall or a vehicle thats all graffitied up I could see nothing wrong with including a powerful message on, such as mines - to fit in and preach to others through it.
13)What's a normal day like for you? js:To me a normal day could be like the rest of the day..the same routine as it repeats its self over and over again, like Sunday I go to church, Monday through Friday I work from 8 to 4 and Saturday is the only free time i got, and then it repeats itself all over again from Sunday to Saturday, 'na mean? But when I take time to pray and to read the word I go to church or anything for the lord. I always find something new and the blessings gets bigger and much better.
14)How do you feel about the whole "street scene" right now? js:I feel so bad and so hurt to see how the devil has corrupted peoples minds to hate one another and to envy the next man or woman. And the violence in New York city gets worse as I see news of the most unbelievable things. To hear and see it gives me a bigger reason as to why it is a must to get even closer to God and wow, just to know that somebody gets killed for no reason shows me that any day could be my last and so this is why it's a must to prepare myself in this life now, to meet God when I go.
15)Where were you before this life and where do you think you'll be after? js:Before this life of mines, I never existed and after I die I'll no longer have part of this world, just as it was before I was born...but I can guarantee you that when Jesus was hung on that cross he already saw me and thought about me and this is why I can say that he died for me on that cross, just as he did for everyone else.
16)Any last words of wisdom or shout outs? js:Yeah...it's a must and it's important for us to construct our mind, soul, and spirit to become an even better person in life and to control all negative thoughts and feelings and to reject all lies of the devil which is why people feel low, unimportant, not valuable, depressed and confused, and emotional stress can also lead to suicide...so I advise all humanity to love ya selves, to respect ya selves, to feel good about ya selves and to accept ya selves the way God created ya and remember always that in God's eyes each and every one of us is all very, very, very valuable, special, important, beautiful, worthy, wonderful, precious and blessed. Stop the hate, the jealousy, and this competition with one another...nobody is better or worse than the next person...God created us all and we're all the same in God's eyes...we all breathe the same air, we all came from a woman, we all bleed the same, we all grow older and we all gonna die...let us love one another and respect one another as much as we love and respect ourselves...Jesus loves ya all and so do i :)
17)Shout Outs? js:Yes to my lord and savior Jesus Christ, I say thank you lord fot your salvation peace to my peeps in Bushwick, Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Fort Green, Soho, Noho, Greenwich Village, Lower East Side, and in Tribeca, I love ya all and I thank you Tabatha for this opportunity :) peace.